Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sprout Salad

One of the things I do often is use various sprouts in salads instead of lettuce. Broccoli sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, sprout salad mix, are all examples of what you could use. Here are two recipe ideas that I did showing you the variations you could do. Simply make a salad the way you like but instead of using lettuce use the sprouts.

Serves One

1 cup mixed sprouts or of choice, (you could give a chop once over if you like)
1 small tomato, sliced
3 baby carrots, sliced
2/3 cup canned corn , drained and rinsed
Dressing of choice*

I like this with a balsamic dressing. You can buy dressing or make it at home. I usually just pour some balsamic, and extra virgin olive oil on the salad. Then I use various seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried basil, etc. Then toss and enjoy.


Variations- Another variation to the sprouts is to add corn, garbanzo beans and red kidney beans. Add dressing and seasonings of choice as above.


Thank you for coming to my blog. Please come back again soon.


Gnewvegan

2 comments:

Geraldine said...

What a great idea! I use sprouts all the time but not specifically as a salad ingredient. Good stuff Gemma!

Hugs, G

Gnewvegan said...

Thank you Geraldine..