Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Vegetable shell soup with soybeans By Gnewvegan

I was reading in a magazine and saw a product call vegetable shells. When I went to the grocery store I saw the product in the pasta section. I bought the small vegetable shells and decided to make a soup. I also wanted to use the soybeans that I discussed in another post. So here is my soup recipe and I hope my readers enjoy it.


Vegetable shell soup with soybeans

4 servings

1 cup small vegetable shells
1 cup soybeans from a can, drained and rinsed
1 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes with juice (get the one that has in it onions, celery and green pepper)
3 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon dried red and green bell peppers (I found this spice in a whole food store)
1/8 teaspoon cumin
dash of chili powder
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup, thawed green peas
2 oz shredded green cabbage
1.5 oz white onion, coarsely chopped
vegan parmesan cheese for sprinkling at end (optional)


1- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. When done drain and put back in pot.
2- Meanwhile, in a 2 qt saucepot, put in the can of stewed tomato’s with juices, and with tongs or your hands break up very well into small pieces. Then add the broth, dried pepper spice, cumin, chili powder, and white pepper. Bring to a boil uncovered.
3- Add the vegetables and bring to a second boil. Then simmer, uncovered, for ten minutes.
4- Put soup in serving bowls and add a small ladle of pasta.
5- sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese if desired.

Thank you for coming to my blog. I hope to see you again soon.

Happy vegan cooking

Gnewvegan

2 comments:

Geraldine said...

This sounds great, a photo would be nice to see!!!

Gnewvegan said...

Unfortunately my scanner is not working at this time. But I hope you enjoy the recipe if you try it..

Have a great night to you and Mitz. :)