Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

Watermelon Slushy by Gnewvegan

With the summer time here the one thing I enjoy making is slushy's and smoothies. Especially on those hot days or mornings when you are too hot to drink coffee. I made a very nice smoothie today with protein powder but I forgot to measure the quantity. I was too in a rush to drink it. :) So that will be for next time. Today I am posting my recipe for a watermelon slushy. I drank the whole thing but it can be for two people as well, 1 cup each. Here's to the beginning of summer.

Watermelon Slushy
2 servings (1 cup each)

1 cup chopped watermelon (seedless or remove seeds)
1/2 teaspoon powdered lemonade mix
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1 and 1/4 cup ice

Blend together and enjoy.


Thank you for coming to my blog. Please come back again soon.

Gnewvegan

3 comments:

vko said...

Sounds like a perfect toast to summer!

Geraldine said...

This sounds like a great mix. I am appalled at all the people who 'guzzle' one soft drink/pop after another...frightening to think of the damage they are doing to their bodies from all that sugar and all those chemicals.

We like to mix pure fruit juices with sparkling mineral water for a treat. Really good and guilt free.

Gnewvegan said...

I hope you guys enjoy it if you try it.. Happy summer!!!