Search This Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Peanut sauce by Gnewvegan

After I posted my recipe for "Tofu crisp strips" a comment was posted about serving it over rice and veggies with a peanut sauce. In my post in November "what do I eat", I have my stir fry which uses veggies and rice. Here is a peanut sauce I made that I use on veggies or this stir fry. I wanted to post it in case my readers wanted to try it.

Peanut Sauce
yields 4 teaspoons

1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 ½ teaspoon ketchup
2 teaspoons vegan worcestershire sauce (see note)
1/8 teaspoon paprika
smidgen red cayenne pepper


Mix the above ingredients together until nice and smooth. Serve over vegetables or Chinese stir fry.

Note: I was surprised when I was reading the back of the worcestershire sauce bottle and saw that anchovies were in it.. I never thought that would not be vegan. If you can not find a vegan brand in your local stores or need to find out a brand name, go to my first post and at the end you will find a list of web sites for online vegan grocery stores. You can find the sauce there.

Happy vegan cooking

Gnewvegan

No comments: