Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2008

Steamed potatoes with thyme

I never thought of steaming potatoes and then came across this recipe. I enjoyed it and thought I would pass it along..

Steamed potatoes with thyme

Prep time 5 minutes: Total time 25 minutes.
Ingredients
. Serves 4.
2 pounds red new potatoes, halved if small, quartered if large
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions
1- Set a steamer basket in a large pot. Fill with enough water to come just below basket; bring to a boil. Place potatoes in basket; reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
2-Transfer potatoes to a medium bowl. Add oil and thyme; season with salt and pepper, and toss.

G note- I did not have red potatoes so I used white.

Source -
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.fc77a0dbc44dd1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=f42a74302be37110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=type_1&autonomy_kw=steamed potatoes with thyme

Thank you for coming to my blog. Please come back soon.

Happy Vegan cooking

Gnewvegan

No comments: