This is a post I did last year when I made this salad with ingredients on hand. I made it yesterday and thought I would re-post it. You can use whatever salad dressing that you like. Or you can make your own. I used rasberry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and various seasonings like basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste . These are all dry spices and typical spices you would find in Italian dressing. You just use what you like the same way you would when making a salad.
Israel Couscous and Lentil Salad
1/2 cup lentils, sorted and rinsed
1/2 cup Israel Couscous
3 cups water
1/2 of a 3 oz small onion, sliced (I like to leave in small rings)
2 medium tomatoes, sliced and halved if pieces are too big
salad dressing of choice or make your own
-Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a 2 quart pot.
- Add the lentils and simmer uncovered, stirring occasional for ten minutes.
- Then add the couscous and the other 1 cup water. Cover leaving a slight opening for steam to escape. Bring to a boil, uncover and simmer for another ten minutes stirring occasional.
- Taste the mixture and see if it is soft and tender.
- Drain into a collander and run cold water over it until it is cooled down.
- Put in a bowl and mix the rest of the ingredients.
Thank you for coming to my blog. Please come back again soon.