Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2008

I bought Hemp Seed

This is a follow up to my last post. I went into a natural food market and was looking at the hemp products. There were quite a few of them to choose from. Products such as hemp powder, hemp oil, and hemp seeds. Some of the powders were geared towards making shakes although there was a recipe on the back of the bag with the seeds using the seeds as well to make a shake. I asked someone who worked there what was the difference between the oil and the powder or seeds because I did not see protein content in the oil but I did in the other ones. I was told that the reason why the oil does not have the protein is because it is cold pressed which removes the protein. But the essential amino acids and omegas are in there. I decided on the seeds that were not ground so I could sprinkle them on what ever I want. I first tasted them straight out of the bag and they had a nice nutty flavor. This morning I had them on my cereal. I put in a bowl a vegan spelt flake cereal, sprinkled the hemp seeds, drizzled a little agave nectar, sliced a banana, and added soy milk.. It was a nice vegan breakfast. Here are some photos of the product bag and the seeds themselves..





Happy Holidays to all..

Thank you for coming to my blog. Please come back again soon.

Gnewvegan

No comments: