Search This Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A yummy vegan Christmas

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. This was my second Christmas as a vegan and the food went over very well. I made many side dishes from years past only veganized. I was happy to hear some of my vegan dishes were liked the best by a family member. Because there were some non- vegan dishes there as well (I am the only vegan) I said to my family now you can do a taste test to see if they can tell a difference for example between vegan and non-vegan sweet potatoes. I was happy when a family member preferred my vegan sweet potatoes over the non-vegan ones. :) Some of the things I made were broccoli with browned garlic and oil, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, orzo pilaf, pumpkin pie, chocolate pudding pie and sugar cookies. The pumpkin pie is the one I posted last year and this year again. I have been wanting to try it and I can now say it was very good. I could not tell the difference from a non- vegan version. It did take longer to cook then the recipe said but it was still worth it..I do not have pictures of the food except for the cookies which I will post. All I did with the cookies is what I said in my cookie post by veganizing a recipe I had. I used vegan sour cream, vegan sugar and egg replacer as substitutes for some of the ingredients in the recipe. And they were enjoyed as they were last year.



Have a Happy New Year.

Thank you for coming to my blog and please come back again soon.
Gnewvegan

2 comments:

Geraldine said...

The cookies look great Gemma, I want one !!!

It is wonderful when a vegan or vegetarian dish ends up being the 'star' at a dinner or potluck, been there, done that.

Best wishes for 2009! You are a light to the world Gemma, with your kindness and concern.

Hugs, G

Gnewvegan said...

Thank You. Last year for the first time I made them for Easter also with Easter cookie cutters.
Thank you for your kind words Geraldine. I wish you happiness, love and peace for the new year.