Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New year to all. I hope your new year celebrations were wonderful. Mine was a nice evening spent with friends. I made my hummus dip and made a nice veggie platter. My friends had some other munchies, good music, some vino, and Dick Clarks rocking eve on TV. A nice way to bring in the year with good friends. I find it a bit nippy today so soon I will make some tea. Had some oatmeal for breakfast and just finished a nice broccoli slaw, chickpea, tomato and onion salad. I Started to like Mrs. Dash spices so I used some of that, a bit salt, rasberry vinegar and extra virgin olive oil as my flavorings. I love broccoli slaw. It is so versatile for example using it in salads and sandwich rollups. You find it in the produce aisle and usually the mix has some shredded carrots and red cabbage in it. If you can not find it then if you are using broccoli just cut the stems into shreds like cabbage slaw and there you have it... Add some carrots and cabbage if you want and you have homemade broccoli slaw. Not sure what I will eat tonight. I usually like to have pasta on sunday's . But I ate alot of pasta yesterday and had the tiny bit that was left over earlier so I will make something else. I love pasta and could eat it everyday. But of course the diet should not just be pasta and variety in my daily eating is something I love. Well, off to make that tea now. Keep warm and I hope the new year brings love, peace and happiness to all.

Thank you for coming to my blog. Please come back again soon.

Gnewvegan

2 comments:

Geraldine said...

Hope you will join the write a book challenge Gemma. A cookbook is a lot of work, much more than most people realise (I worked on mine part time for 10 YEARS) but with a concentrated effort, it could be completed in a shorter time, even a year.

Hugs and Happy New Year, G

Kumudha said...

regarding rava ladoo recipe...

rava is similar to farina. Rava is very popular ingredient in south indian cuisine.