Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Parmesan-Carrot Risotto - By Everyday Food- Veganized

The other day I made a recipe from Everyday Food and simply veganized it. It was very tasty and I enjoyed the leftovers the next day. I will write about my changes and post the link to the recipe.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/parmesan-carrot-risotto


I used vegetable broth, vegan butter by Earth Balance, a regular onion (I did not have the red), Arborio rice (I did not have white long grain and I really don't use white much), white cooking wine, vegan parmesan cheese, chopped the carrots and onions in a chopper instead of grated and halved the recipe. As you can see it is possible to veganize a recipe with positive results. Especially with the available products we have. As far as risotto it is really not that much of a chore. You just have to stay close by to the pot to stir and add broth frequently. If you do other things like the dishes time goes by quicker and you have made your risotto.


Thank you for coming to my blog. Please come back again soon.

Gnewvegan

No comments: