Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2008

Product finds

I am always on the look out for a product new to me now that I have become vegan. I decided that I should post what I discover, and ways I may use the product. I wrote about "Nog" by Silk in another post. I am not one for TV dinners but sometimes when my time is limited and I am just too tired I may have one. I was walking around the grocery store after work looking for something quick and easy where I did not have to wash more then a fork. I was getting disappointed as I read ingredients and there was something in the products I could not have. Then in the frozen food aisle, to my surprise, I saw "Amy's frozen foods. And some of them are vegan!!! Yes, someone has actually made food for vegans to pop in the microwave or stove. I had her veggie loaf and it was good. Now that I know what to look for I noticed it in the whole food store as well. So, at least I know that when I feel the way I did that night, I have a quick option to eat.
Another thing I saw was soy beans in a can in the can bean aisle. I do not know if most stores carry it because I never looked. But I decided to try them and see how they were. I replaced them in the recipe I posted "Couscous salad with roasted vegetables and chickpeas" and it was good. On the back of the can it stated that 1/2 cup (equal to one serving size) has 13 g of protein, 10% DV calcium and 30% iron.. So I thought it is a nice source of nutrients.

Thank you for coming to my blog. Please come back again soon.

Happy vegan cooking

Gnewvegan

No comments: